Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DIY NAS advise

These are the parts that i have currently laying around at home.

CPU: i9-9900k
Memory: VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18
Motherboard: ROG Maximus XI Gene / MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio 8GB
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum / Corsair AX760

Currently using a Synology DS1621+ with 6x10TB. It is mainly used to backup photos/videos and for Plex-ing.
These are the apps that i am currently use since the first time i started NAS-ing with my first Synology DS916+ in 2017.
1. radarr
2. nzbhydra2
3. jackett
4. sonarr
5. tautulli
6. deluge
7. watchtower
8. bazarr
9. filezilla
10. speedtest
11. nzbget

With the DIY NAS, i am hoping to move away from Synology totally or at least have Synology to be for backups only and move the Plex to the DIY NAS and maybe have some VMs for lab.
Absolutely, your DIY NAS setup with the i9-9900k, 32GB RAM, and RTX 2080 looks promising for handling Plex and VMs. Given your preference to move away from Synology, Unraid seems like a solid choice for the operating system, offering flexibility and efficient management of your applications. With the powerful components at your disposal, you can seamlessly shift Plex to the DIY NAS and potentially run various VMs for your lab experiments. This transition should enhance your overall system performance, especially with your extensive list of applications. Feel free to explore Black Friday deals (https://amzn.to/3QRCZyL) for potential savings on components. Good luck with your DIY NAS project!