Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS

Hello,

I've been researching different types of NAS and there are a lot of terms I do not understand lol... I basically need a "cloud-like" storage to store photos, videos, and documents from multiple devices: iPhone, Android, MacBook, and Windows laptop. We want to be able to upload our phone wirelessly (via wifi/data using an app). I really don't know much about tech at all so any help would be greatly appreciated. So far on Reddit, I've been advised to get a Synology. If you do think that's the best for me, which model do you think is best for these purposes? We do want to be able to increase the storage, if need be, in the future when our son starts using it as well. We want this to last for as long as possible but also have great security where we won't lose our family memories. I am a teacher so I will be uploading lots of Word and PowerPoint documents, and my husband will be uploading AutoCAD and Excel documents for work.
I understand that diving into the world of NAS can be overwhelming, but it's a great choice for securing your family memories and accommodating your work documents. Based on your needs and budget, I'd recommend considering a Synology NAS.

For your requirements, the Synology DS224+ or DS423+ would be excellent choices. These models come equipped with Celeron processors, providing a good balance of performance and energy efficiency. They also offer the flexibility to expand storage when needed, ensuring longevity for your investment.

Both models are user-friendly, allowing seamless integration with devices like iPhone, Android, MacBook, and Windows laptops. Synology's DSM (DiskStation Manager) operating system offers a range of apps, making it easy to wirelessly upload photos, videos, and documents. Additionally, the security features in Synology NAS devices are robust, providing a safe and reliable storage solution for your family memories and work documents.