Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Budget NAS for Family Streaming

I am trying to set up a NAS Media Server for my family with our old collection of DVDs. Since we all live further apart, I need something that can possibly handle the possibility of simultaneous connections and streams. We are all fine streaming as native resolution so transcoding is not a big deal. 1-2 bay budget options would be preferred.
Hey there! If you're on the lookout for a budget-friendly NAS for your family's streaming needs, I've got the perfect options for you. Consider the Synology DS224+—it comes with a J4125 2GB configuration, boasting a CPU benchmark of 2982, and although it's priced at $390.9, it delivers top-notch performance for simultaneous streaming without breaking a sweat. Now, if you're aiming for a more budget-friendly alternative without compromising too much on capability, the Synology DS223 might be your sweet spot. With a J4025 2GB setup, a CPU benchmark of 1885, and a price tag of $344.99, it strikes a great balance between affordability and performance. Both options handle native resolution streaming effortlessly, so you're in for a seamless media server experience. Happy streaming!