Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DDR4 SODIMM 2666mhz ECC memory

I was in the market for a new NAS to replace my Synology 413J. I had decided on the 2 bay synology 224+, but after watching your video comparing the 423+ you persuaded me that it had to be a 4Bay the 423+. I then came across your video on the comparison between the Synology 423+ and the 923+ confused again. After a lot of thought it’s the Synology 923+ which I’ve ordered on Amazon earlier today. I want to upgrade the ram with a 16GB module ( not Synology)
I’ve seen the Kingston Server Premier 16GB 2666MT/s ECC CL19 SODIMM 2Rx8 Hynix
D- KSM26SED8/16HD, it recieved excellent reviews on Amazon. What’s your thoughts, have you any other suggestions? By the way I tried ordering through your link, but it didn’t work. I really appreciate your videos and help.
Kind regards
Congratulations on your decision to go with the Synology DS923+—a fantastic choice for a NAS upgrade. The DS923+ is indeed a powerful 4-bay NAS, offering enhanced capabilities for your storage needs. It's great that you've made the leap from the 2-bay options to ensure more room for your growing requirements.

Now, about upgrading the RAM, opting for the Kingston Server Premier 16GB 2666MT/s ECC CL19 SODIMM is a solid move. This upgrade will significantly boost the performance and multitasking capabilities of your DS923+. The 16GB module ensures that your NAS can handle a multitude of tasks smoothly, especially considering the advanced features and applications Synology offers.

https://nascompares.com/answer/synology-...tible-ram/