Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New NAS for PLEX server

I am looking for a NAS to set up as my 4K PLEX server. I am thinking about using the Qnap TVS-h674-i5-32G-US 6 Bay. I need to know if this NAS is a good choice for future proofing for up to 8K MKV files. Should I get an 8 bay and leave space for future drives? I also plan on adding two 1TB ssd cards for flash memory since they are cheep. Is there a newer or different model that is better that I should be looking at? Thanks for your help.
Absolutely, the Qnap TVS-h674-i5-32G-US 6 Bay is a solid choice for your 4K PLEX server. The i5 processor provides ample power, and with 32GB of RAM, it's well-equipped for your multimedia needs. For future-proofing and considering your plan for up to 8K MKV files, an 8-bay NAS could indeed be a wise investment. The Qnap TVS-h872-i5 is worth exploring, providing scalability for additional drives as your storage requirements grow. Your idea of adding two 1TB SSD cards for flash memory is a good one, enhancing system performance. The Qnap TVS-h872-i5 also supports GPU cards, offering flexibility for potential future upgrades. Overall, your chosen NAS is a strong contender, but the 8-bay option provides more room for expansion and potential advancements in media quality. Happy streaming!