Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replacing old SSD with new one

My existing SSD in Win 10 pc is Kingston PCIe M.2 512GB. Your old review of Nextorage left me with a good impression about their products, plus they are presently on sale. The specific model I am considering is Nextorage 4TB SSD Work for Playstation 5 and PC M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe with Heatsink Maximum Transfer Rate Read 7300MB/s Write6900MB/s NEM-PA4TB/N SYM.
I believe this SSD is compatible with my pc, but wanted your expert opinion on this. Compatible meaning here that the system should perform at least as good as with the Kingston.
Thank you for your thoughts and opinion!
Roland
Considering your intention to replace the existing Kingston PCIe M.2 512GB SSD in your Win 10 PC, the Nextorage 4TB SSD you're eyeing, the NEM-PA4TB/N SYM, seems like a substantial upgrade. The impressive specifications, including a PCIe Gen4 NVMe interface and maximum transfer rates of 7300MB/s read and 6900MB/s write, suggest excellent performance. The inclusion of a heatsink is also advantageous for temperature management.

However, before proceeding, it's crucial to ensure that your motherboard supports PCIe Gen4 for optimal performance. If your current system does not support Gen4, the SSD will still work but at Gen3 speeds. Additionally, verify that your PC's BIOS/UEFI is up to date, as some older versions may not fully support high-capacity NVMe drives.