Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Doubts between Ugreen models

Hi, I'm hesitating between buying the Ugreen DXP4800 or the DXP 4800 plus.
I mainly want it to view my photos and videos on my TV, share them with family remotely, and maybe create a Drive.
Which of these two NAS models would be more suitable? How do they compare in terms of power consumption and performance?
Thanks for reaching out! Let’s break down the UGREEN DXP4800 and DXP4800 Plus to see which would be the better fit for your needs, especially for viewing photos and videos on your TV and sharing them with family.

Comparison Overview
UGREEN DXP4800

Price: Around €509.99
Drive Bays: 4-Bay (SATA)
CPU: Intel X86 12th Gen Pentium Gold (5 Cores, 6 Threads)
System Drive: 128GB SSD
NVMe Drive Bays: 2
Maximum Storage: 24TB (4 x 6TB)
LAN Ports: 2.5GbE x1
HDMI Output: 4K
UGREEN DXP4800 Plus

Price: Around €594.99
Drive Bays: 4-Bay (SATA)
CPU: Intel X86 12th Gen Pentium Gold (same as DXP4800)
System Drive: 128GB SSD
NVMe Drive Bays: 2
Maximum Storage: 24TB (4 x 6TB)
LAN Ports: 2.5GbE x1 + 10GbE x1
HDMI Output: 4K
Key Differences
Networking: The DXP4800 Plus has an additional 10GbE port, providing faster network speeds, which is beneficial for streaming high-quality videos or transferring large files.
Price: The Plus version is slightly more expensive, but the improved network capabilities can make a difference if you plan on accessing content from multiple devices.
Power Consumption
Both models are expected to have similar power consumption since they share the same CPU architecture and storage configurations. However, the additional 10GbE port in the Plus may result in slightly higher power usage when utilized, but it should remain within reasonable limits.

Recommendation
Given your use case of viewing and sharing media, I’d recommend the UGREEN DXP4800 Plus. The added performance from the 10GbE port can enhance streaming and sharing experiences, especially if you have multiple users accessing the NAS at the same time.

If you're also considering expanding storage or adding more demanding applications in the future, the DXP4800 Plus will provide you with more flexibility.