Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology NAS with larger memory

Question 
I was a loyal customer of span.com who seem to have disappeared off this earth. Used to follow their YouTube channel and informational guides which now realise were from the members of this forum.

I am looking for additional Synology NAS but with more memory than normally provided as default. Span used to install 16GB for me and has been working great (touching the proverbial) for several years without problems on several boxes mostly DS918+ and DS920+. 

Searched around but cannot decide on suitable UK supplier I can rely on based on the excellent information on this site as to what is possible. Again for 4 bay Synology NAS with 4 x 14GB or higher drives.

Anybody have any preferences as to suppliers if such recommendations are allowed?

Thanks - John
Thanks for reaching out! If you're looking for a Synology NAS with more memory and strong performance, I’d recommend considering the Synology DS923+. It’s a great 4-bay NAS that supports memory upgrades, allowing you to install up to 32GB of RAM, which should meet your needs for additional memory.

As for suppliers, here are a few reliable options in the UK:

Broadberry – They offer customized NAS builds and can pre-install the memory for you.
CCL Computers – Known for selling NAS systems with good options for upgrading memory.
Scan.co.uk – They offer a wide selection of NAS models and provide upgrade options.
Before purchasing, it’s always a good idea to confirm the memory upgrade with the supplier. If you’re comfortable doing it yourself, the DS923+ is easy to upgrade and offers excellent flexibility with higher-capacity drives.