Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS to stream and video library to PLEX

In 2020 I used the pandemic shutdown as an opportunity to digitize my CD/DVD collection. I purchased a QNAP, 2-Bay (can't remember the model number). I found it really difficult to set up (I'm not the most tech savvy), but once set up, it worked great. A year later my system was attacked and locked. I'm jumping back in to NAS and am gun-shy on QNAP. I have a good home theater system. I run plex through my Samsung TV which is connected to my AV receiver. I would love to hear what you recommend.
If you're looking to re-enter the world of NAS for streaming your digitized CD/DVD collection via Plex, Synology's DS224+ could be an excellent choice within your budget of $300-$600 USD. This 2-bay NAS features an Intel Celeron J4125 processor, which ensures smooth Plex media transcoding, crucial for delivering high-quality streams to your Samsung TV and AV receiver setup. With 2GB of DDR4 RAM (expandable up to 6GB) and dual 1GbE LAN ports, it offers sufficient power and connectivity for your home theater needs. Synology NAS devices are known for their user-friendly setup and robust security features, addressing concerns you might have had with previous experiences.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/