Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First time buyer, looking for NAS for a small Plex server

Hello! I’m seeking advice on what NAS I should choose to run a Plex server on. Right now I run a Plex server on my gaming computer using a 3TB external drive. I only have a couple of friends on the server right now, serving as test dummies. They are enjoying the server but sometimes it’s challenging because I have to leave my computer on all the time which stresses out the system and draws a lot of power. I have heard that a NAS is the solution as it doesn’t draw nearly as much power and is made to be on 24/7. I’m willing to spend $400 on the NAS itself not including the price of the drives I’ll be putting into it. I’ve watched a couple of videos from the NASCompares channel and they have helped me get a very good understanding of what a NAS is. However, I don’t know where to shop for a NAS which is where I need your help and guidance in choosing the right NAS for me or leading me in the direction of such.

Messages In This Thread
First time buyer, looking for NAS for a small Plex server - by ENQUIRIES - 07-25-2023, 06:30 AM