Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nimbustor 4 Plex media player?

Hi, it took me a while to choose which NAS to go for, but I finally went with the Nimbustor 4 and I populated it with 4 x 4gb WD Gold drives and I upgraded the Nas RAM to 16gb of DDR 4.
I have the Nas connected to my TV via hdmi and have a library of content using Plex server...
After a few days I noticed that some files wouldnt play, with a message being displayed saying something along the lines of, server not powerful enough.. it took me a while to realise that although the NAS is connected via hmdi, Plex was not being utilised via hdmi (asustor portal) and that I needed the Plex media player installed in Portal to stream directly....
However, I cannot find this and although I've found a version 1 Plex media player APK, it doesn't show support for the Nimbustor 4 and won't install...
This is pretty annoying, as this setup cost over £1k and it cant transcode high quality to my TV or provide the software to direct stream via HDMI. Can you advise or do you have any ideas for a remedy, Emby maybe¿

Messages In This Thread
Nimbustor 4 Plex media player? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Nimbustor 4 Plex media player? - by admin - 02-11-2021, 05:58 PM