Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question 1 of 2: I'm the dog who caught the car - now what do I do with it?

Gents,
First THANKS for doing this! Watched many videos before choosing the QNAP. Those are all great. But now I need a video on setting up the pools and why you'd make various choices and specifically how to secure it. I've already created, deleted and recreated my storage pools twice and I think I'm about to do it again as I figure out what to do with the System volume.

So question set 1 of 2 is: What exactly does the (System) note on a volume mean and what kind of pool does that need to be on? Looks like it gets assigned to the first volume you create. Does it only exist there? Can you move it? I currently have it on a storage pool created out of the 2 SSDs because it sounds like something Bad would happen if it were lost, but I'd rather have it on only 1 and use the other for write caching to maximize transfer speed. But there also seems to be an option for read-write caching? What type of write caching is QNAP doing (w-through or w-back)?
Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Question 1 of 2: I'm the dog who caught the car - now what do I do with it? - by ENQUIRIES - 03-26-2023, 06:30 AM