Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS1522+ RAM HDD Qs

Here's the proofread version:
Hi again,
Congratulations on your new DS1522+! It's a great choice for a powerful and expandable NAS.
Now, to answer your questions:
1. Variations like N004 can be an issue. Synology has made a silly mistake. Their compatibility database has to match the drive serial exactly, or you might get a warning. But it will still work.
2. If you don't use their recommended components, they can refuse support, but they still need to offer a full warranty.
3. RAM is RAM, but Synology might show warnings while trying to sell their overpriced memory. Here is a handy list: https://nascompares.com/answer/synology-...tible-ram/
4. Yes, I would also go for a half-populated NAS option. It consumes less energy, wears out less, and has fewer bad batch issues.
5. Adding an additional drive to SHR is a simple process, but it might take a day to complete. You can still use the NAS during this process, but you might experience slowdowns.
6. BTRFS + SHR is probably the only thing you need to set up at the start to take advantage of the full range of functionality. Encrypted drives are a new thing and not very polished. I would use encrypted folders instead.
I hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread
DS1522+ RAM HDD Qs - by MrCisco - 03-13-2023, 10:35 AM
RE: DS1522+ RAM HDD Qs - by ed - 03-16-2023, 04:47 PM
RE: DS1522+ RAM HDD Qs - by MrCisco - 03-16-2023, 09:52 PM
RE: DS1522+ RAM HDD Qs - by ed - 03-17-2023, 01:55 PM