Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do I even need a NAS or a 2.5Gbe network? I thought I just needed a dock..

Hello! First off, THANK YOU for the generous gift of your time and expertise to answer random IT questions from people like me. I'm sure you're busy, so I will try to be as brief as possible below:

I am a freelance Creative Director who works in a variety of locations, though primarily from home. My computer is an Apple M1 MAX. I do not collaborate on-site (physically) with anyone while at home. When I work with clients, files are typically posted to the cloud, through a variety of services – Usually determined by my clients existing systems and workflows. I am hoping to improve my productivity by creating a performant, desktop-like experience while in my office, while also having the ability to unplug and work on the go.

I currently use external USB 3.1 Gen 1 drives for active projects, assets. and backup (G-DRIVE ArmorATD type drives). My internet service is 1Gb, which I access through a Gen 1 Eero setup.

Messages In This Thread
Do I even need a NAS or a 2.5Gbe network? I thought I just needed a dock.. - by ENQUIRIES - 02-22-2023, 08:00 PM