Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't reply via YouTube comment, PS5 storage on NAS

Tried to reply to your request, via Youtube. I ran into difficulties, so I thought I'd try here

To store Playstation games on a NAS you have to use hardware, such as a Rock Pi which supports USB OTG and Ethernet to set up an iSCUSI LUN which the PlayStation can use. Most NAS devices (I'm aware of) don't have a driver to support that functionality via their LUN tools, if they did the additional hardware would be unnecessary.

Game Reactor also did a setup and demo video using a PS4 and QNAP NAS. Gary Explains did something similar with a Synology NAS. Searching for Making a piSCSI USB Drive — Part 2" should reveal a write up by Matt Olan which may be useful.

I've tried writing a comment with links, then coded links, but they keep getting hidden, so hopefully, that's enough to get you started. If not, LMK, via email and I send some links. The rest of this was written as a YouTube comment. There was a longer one, but it was to long for this form.

Messages In This Thread
Can't reply via YouTube comment, PS5 storage on NAS - by ENQUIRIES - 02-07-2023, 07:00 AM