Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A RAID 5 or 6 for Mylio Photo Vault for 36 -45 TB image files

I need to know what drives and drive enclosure is the simplest and most reliable for an 81 year old retired MD Ph.D who is fully alert and functioning but zero experience in command line instructions , although I could to simple tasks if I was told to do so.

I am expert in Photoshopand other photography software & need to consolidate 30 years of files - 40 drives ranging:
0.5 TB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB.

The 8, 10, 12 & 18 TB HD have been mostly invested by linkage in a Mylio catalog on a MacBook Pro M1Max with a 2TB drive and 32 GB RAM. Each generation of hard drives likely contains 60-100% of previously used smaller hard drives. So it could be that once the current bunch of 8, 10, 12 and 18 TB drives are logged into the MacBook Pro Mylio catalog by a list of links to those drives, then I can instruct Mylio to copy ALL those files to the RAID (that I plan to create with your advice), and simultaneously, Mylio will deduplicate and I should end up a one copy of each image

Messages In This Thread
A RAID 5 or 6 for Mylio Photo Vault for 36 -45 TB image files - by ENQUIRIES - 12-30-2022, 07:00 AM