Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology "System Default Folders" Btrfs issue

Hi.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.  I'm a hobbyist at best with NAS. I purchased the Synology DS923+ as an upgrade  from my DS415Play.  I followed the setup instructions from NAS Compares that were very helpful...Thanks guys!  I chose to migrate the data via Hyper Backup so I could change the file system from ext4 on the 415 to Btrfs on the 923+.  The Backup and Restore went great…but when the 923+ generated the System Default Folders during the restore, that is, the photos, videos, music, folders etc. they were all generated via the restore with the Advanced Data Integrity feature disabled!  Of course a big reason for the change to Btrfs was this feature.  Can you guys help me out of this?  All of the DS apps  for photo, music, video etc use the system default folders and I would like to maintain a vanilla type environment.  Is there anyway I can regenerate the system default folders and set the advanced data integrity feature to “enabled”?  I know I can create a new shared folder and move the data but that new folder won’t be the “system default folder” for all of the functions of the apps.  Would appreciate advice.

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Synology "System Default Folders" Btrfs issue - by jlapva - 12-21-2022, 05:17 AM