Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thanks

Hello,
I just discovered you on YouTube. Unfortunately I just bought a NAS just before I found your channel. I'm actually watching your 8 part set for series on the device I purchased. Thank you for the extensive guide. I got a Asustor Drivestor 4 Pro AS3304T, it was cheap about $300 so I go it. I find it a little slow, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Anyway I want to setup a better media steaming platform. I set one up before using a DAS with my Mac and iTunes. This time I want to setup RAID 5, for data protection and a additional external external hard drive for backups. Which External HD do you recommend.

I would also like to be able to remote in to access some files. It would also be nice to be able to backup my files to anther device, through a VPN. For example I'm currently in Japan and my extended family is in CT, USA. I could maybe put one NAS there the send backup from my NAS here.

After reading your webpage I think I should have gotten a Qnap as I'm already familiar with ZFS and snapshots. How hard would it be to connect my Asustor Drivestor 4 Pro AS3304T with a Qnap NAS?

Sorry I said so much
Thanks for your videos
Antone Rich

Messages In This Thread
Thanks - by ENQUIRIES - 11-08-2022, 06:30 AM
RE: Thanks - by ed - 11-11-2022, 04:11 PM