Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Family Nas

Hi,
First let me tell you that I am quite new on this topic so if I give some useless information sorry in advance.
To give you some context about my tech skill, I am a cloud developer (python & aws), so I have some docker and linux knowledge.
I just want to create a NAS to fit my family needs (we are 3), the majority of files that we save on are personal, and they are documents/videos/photos. On top of that, sometimes I save a few amounts of movies when I go on holidays or travel but nothing that I need to have available on my cloud for a lot of time.
Each one of US have an external driver USB 3.0 with 2TB and for now it's enough (mine for example have less than 1TB used and I have that drive since 2010 with some Virtual Machines that I need to have time to delete)
Recently before a start reading about NAS I bought two 2TB computer HDD to work as a storage poll on my Desktop computer, but now I think that makes sense to create a solution that can centralize my family data and use it as a family private cloud.
Saying all of that, I am here asking an advice on each NAS should I start with. From some videos that I saw from Synology and Asustor they seem to be the best solution because they have user-friendly software, but I want and advice from someone that are inside of the topic. If it's possible I have a linux server running on that NAS it would be perfect but if that feature increase a lot the cost I can use a raspberry pi to that purpose. On my first house I have 200 Download and 100 upload service and on my second house I have 500 downloads and 200 upload. On the storage field I told 10TB should be enough but if you can give or thought on that too could be nice

Messages In This Thread
Family Nas - by ENQUIRIES - 10-31-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: Family Nas - by ed - 11-01-2022, 10:27 AM