Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SNS EVO and Pro MAX - NAS backup options

Hello,

Firstly, thank you so much for this hugely valuable resource, I've benefitted from your videos and site regularly over the years!

I work for a UK-based human rights and environmental charity and we produce an increasing amount of video content, which generates a massive amount of video data.
We’re currently using a QNAP TVS-1282T-i7 with an QNAP TX-800P 8-Bay Desktop Expansion Unit. We have a a Netgear XS708T switch which allows for 4 10GBE connections.

We are almost out of space, so have decided to consider a major upgrade and opt for an SNS Evo 16 bay. Which is a huge jump in price but hopefully also in performance, ease of use and scalability.

My question (finally!) is about on-site back up. How would you recommend I run this? I'd imagined finding a low-cost rackmount NAS (or DAS?) that I can connect to the EVO for this purpose - it doesn't need to be fast or smart. The Synology RS2821RP+ 16-Bay gives us 256TB - is there a cheaper/larger option you can recommend?

Thanks again for all your great work here and for any advice you can give, it's very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
SNS EVO and Pro MAX - NAS backup options - by ENQUIRIES - 10-20-2022, 11:30 AM
RE: NAS backup options - by ed - 10-21-2022, 04:06 PM