Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Part List Question for VFX

Hey there, I've been watching a lot of your videos & there's so much great info!

I was curious if you could give me a part list suggestion for purchasing a NAS setup. If you gave affiliate links I'd make sure to purchase through those, & I could tip/pay you as well if you have a place to donate, I'd make sure to do that.

I'm a solo VFX artist working from home & I'd like to use centralized storage through NAS to do render farming with my multiple workstation PCs. I will soon have 4 computers that I'd like to hook up to a centralized NAS, as well as access the NAS when on trips when away from home. I'm US based, and price isn't really the biggest concern; I was just mainly wanting a smooth fast storage system. I do 3d rendering, 3d simulations, & work with heavy pro res & raw files often.

I'm looking at the Synology 1821+ & figured I'd need a 10g switch with enough ports for every computer, the 10g upgrade part for the Synology, the max 16GB ram, 10g PCie for the desktops, lots of SSD cache, & a split of SSDs & HDDs for the bays. I wondered if you would have any advice on a part list for the best parts & wires I'd need to purchase, or have a place to point me in for a good list.

Thanks so much!
- Logan McNay

Messages In This Thread
Part List Question for VFX - by ENQUIRIES - 10-11-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: Part List Question for VFX - by ed - 10-12-2022, 08:40 AM