Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP NAS Setup Guide 2022

Your related YouTube guides are great help - thanks. I have just purchased a new Qnap TS-253D NAS J4125 and also 2 x 12Tb WD Red NAS drives. I have a few questions in respect to QNAP Photography, Indexing, Sharing.
1. Presently I have a seperate folder for Photos / Music and Videos. Would it be better to create seperate Volumes rather than folders on my new hdd?

Presently I organise my media by creating folders by Year and then sub- folders labelled by date and event i.e. E:\Photos\221012 New Qnap. This works well for me.

2. When using PhotoStation or QuMagie, when creating new Albums, does it create a new folder on the disk or is this just code used by the QuMagie app?

3. When indexing and working with the Apps, do they in anyway impact or physically rearrange the files on my hdd?

4. The same question for the Qnap music and video apps?

5. I usually work with Cyberlink Power Director for film production. Will Qnap media have any impact on this?

I ask these questions as many years ago I let my Mac iTunes sort my media and my goodness what a mess it made as it mainly reckognises English & USA artists but does not cope with music artists from other parts of the world.

As I have a large photo/video archive, and am in the process of digitizing VHS cassets, (producing films), I really domt want to mess up many years of hard work developing a structure for my data.

Your comments and advice will be much appreciated. THANKS!
Brg, Rolands

Messages In This Thread
QNAP NAS Setup Guide 2022 - by ENQUIRIES - 10-11-2022, 07:30 AM
RE: QNAP NAS Setup Guide 2022 - by TribalHound - 10-13-2022, 02:17 PM