Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should I get the 920+

I come from 2 bay DS213 and one of the slot has since become unresponsive. I was doing Raid 1 on the NAS previously and now with just 1 Slot working, I cannot achieve redundancy of my data.
initially I thought it was the HDD that broke down so I ordered 2 new HDD without checking the warning, only to find out the slot was the issue. I end up now with 4 HDD.
with that I thought I might as well upgrade to 4 slot NAS to make use of all the HDD. my use case now would be mostly an iCloud replacement to back up my photos of all my family iPhones. also as a media server for videos and music. my current DS213 is really slow with photo station. takes forever to load an album or to load a video. making it really unpleasant to use. I hope the new NAS would give better loading speed. I am also planning to run home assistance with the Synology NAS as a HomeKit hub. I am looking at long term and future proofing because I believe this NAS do last long time and getting the best now will definitely keep it relevant for longer. will this 920+ fulfil my use case and should I wait for next upgrade. at the moment I am really not in a rush to get a replacement NAS too.

Messages In This Thread
Should I get the 920+ - by ENQUIRIES - 10-06-2022, 08:00 AM
RE: Should I get the 920+ - by TribalHound - 10-06-2022, 03:15 PM