Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WD EX4100 to Synology 1522 - Data Migration

I can't find a video about how I can migrate my data from the WD EX4100 (Media files which are large and I don't want to have to re-download everyone of them) to my new "upgrade" to a Synology 1522.

Can someone help? I found tons of videos on synology to synology but not WD to Synology.

I tried the hotswapping drive and using migration station but it wants to wife the data from the WD EX4100 which defeats the purpose.

Can I just do a USB to USB data migration? As much as I hate how friggin' slow I'm sure it's going to be...is it even possible?

I have both a mesh network (M9+) network and Wifi 6 xfinity modem and wifi in the house. My family wants to be able to watch the movies and media on at least one place while I am doing the migration...so taking 2-5days to migrate the 16TB from WD to Synology without access would be a problem...can you help? I need a strategy that allows for a media server uptime, but a strategy to move the data also between nas'es

Thank You,

Stephanie Miller

Messages In This Thread
WD EX4100 to Synology 1522 - Data Migration - by ENQUIRIES - 10-05-2022, 01:00 AM