Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS 920+ configuration?

Hi,

My brother and I are very new novice users of a Synology 920+ NAS and we have watched some of your videos about how to set up e.t.c. which have been extremely helpful.

Up until now we have been using just a USB drive to copy and save files from our pcs and phones in case one of the pcs or phones fails, but we wanted to set up a NAS to automatically save pics from the mobiles and to store important files from the Windows pcs.

We have three 4TB drives that we are looking to use and we are wanting to know the best way to configure them to achieve our goal of having two of these drives in the NAS working constantly, with one allowing us to store the mobile phone pictures and important pc files. The second drive to be a live identical copy of the first drive, in case one of these two fail and with the third drive we want to be able to copy or clone the first drive, physically remove it and store it in a remote location as a longer term backup every 3-6 months.

Is there a way we can set this up with the Synology 920+ so that we can use it the way I have explained?

Also can we then take the third drive and connect it to a pc and copy/view the files on it or is it only readable through the Synology NAS drive?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
NAS 920+ configuration? - by ENQUIRIES - 10-01-2022, 07:30 AM
RE: NAS 920+ configuration? - by TribalHound - 10-04-2022, 06:01 PM