Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some ideas for videos (probably TL;DR!)

I really enjoy your videos and find your explanations very helpful. I wanted to suggest some video topics that I would really benefit from, and maybe other would watch as well. I think these could all be rather detailed videos that are not specific to any NAS brand. Of course, short brand-specific follow up videos would be great as well!

Home network security, esp. router and WiFi settings for safe remote access to NAS. I know that storage is your thing, but accessing storage safely and keeping bad guys out is so important! And not all the key settings are on the NAS itself. Of course, you couldn’t possibly give specifics for every router on earth, but you could probably provide generic advice and send us to Google how to do it on our own routers!

Best practices for NAS security, esp. settings for your NAS to protect from attackers (esp., ransomware). You have done some of this, but there are so many topics!

Encryption principals for storage (e.g., should I encrypt stuff on my network?, should I encrypt my NAS?, what to think about when data is in motion?). I am not really clear on how to think about what I am actually protecting against, much less how to do it.

Getting the most out of my NAS – What’s it good for besides storage?

Where does NAS fit in my backup plan? (Should I edit/use files from PC drives and backup those files to my NAS? Or should I use NAS-stored files directly and backup the NAS elsewhere? Or something else?)

Backup up strategy for the home user (Periodic, full, unencrypted backups are easiest to understand and restore for the backup newbie, but there are so many other options such as incremental and snapshots. How fancy should a non-techie get?)

Messages In This Thread
Some ideas for videos (probably TL;DR!) - by ENQUIRIES - 08-31-2022, 02:30 AM