Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TS-251D memory upgrade?

I am looking to upgrade the memory of my QNAP TS-251D-2G NAS server to get going on virtualization. On Kingston's "Find compatible RAM" page, KVR26S19S6/4 comes up as an compatible upgrade. I would buy 2 modules of that kind, just 8 GB each for a total of 16 GB. However, I was wondering if I instead could use the paired HyperX set HX426S15IB2K2/16. Looking through specs, they should be identical except the HyperX modules have a lower CAS latency (which is normally considered better). At the local retailer, the HyperX set is nearly the same price as two valueRAM modules, and I am not able to find a paired set of ValueRAM. I expect it is better to use paired modules, but I have no evidence for this. Normally I wouldn't hesitate going with the HyperX modules instead, but online forums almost exclusively mention crucial memory upgrades. That is why I am a bit hesitant, and would like expert and/or user advice on whether the HyperX modules would be expected to work, or there could be some subtle differences I am not aware of, that could potentially disqualify the modules. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Messages In This Thread
TS-251D memory upgrade? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
TS-251D memory upgrade? - by admin - 03-26-2021, 01:07 PM