Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Purchase and Sync over Internet Question?

Sounds like you could really enjoy Synology NAS. The backup NAS does not need to be the same model, but I would still recommend the same brand. You could have DS920+ as a main NAS and J series or Value Series Synology NAS for backups. It is easier to set up and as this is an internal way of connecting it get improvements with DSM updates. Mixing different brands will work, but I would only recommend this if you happen to have already some other brand NAS.Setting up a remote backup is going to be more complicated than a local connection because you need to open a port in your remote location. You will need to log into your router in a backup location and enable port forwarding. If the IP is changing often then you could enable DDNS https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/connection_ddnsWith a Plus series models you will not be limited and be able to install all apps you desire and have little projects/experiments with things like VMs and surveillance.I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
NAS Purchase and Sync over Internet Question? - by admin - 03-22-2021, 04:13 PM