Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex/VM/Games?

Hi! Love your content! I'm looking to buy my first NAS. I saw your videos on storing Steam games on a NAS and I would love to offload my games to an external storage rather than clutter up my main PC, especially since I have multiple devices connected to my Steam account with the same games installed. I also have a separate server machine running plex and a few virtual machines. A gaming virtual machine is planned in the future when I can convert that server machine to esxi (currently using workstation player on windows) and upgrade my cpu's/gpu's. I was thinking of storing my vm files on the NAS as well if possible. My Plex library currently only consumes 3TB, but is growing. My Steam/Emulator library is also 3TB and growing. My vm's currently only take up about 0.5TB and I don't see it getting above 1TB anytime soon. I will shortly be upgrading my server, gaming computer, and network switch to 10gbe, so I'm looking for a 10gbe NAS solution. Is it too ambitious to do all of these on one NAS? Would 5 bays be enough for a RAID 5 to be fast enough to utilize my 10gbe connections?

Thank you so much!

Messages In This Thread
Plex/VM/Games? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Plex/VM/Games? - by admin - 03-19-2021, 10:38 AM