Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home Budget 2-Bay NAS?

Hello,

I'm from Indonesia and I'd like your help with me choosing a NAS.
Currently I already have WD MyCloud (not the Home edition) with 3TiB capacity. It is so old that I already fill 99% of it's available capacity. So now, I decided to buy NAS that can be, how to say it, upgraded, it's capacity. I choose WD Red to be filled with my future NAS.
I use my current NAS for mixed purpose, like streaming video, saving Office files, or backup. But mostly I use it to streaming video.
I actually already satisfied with my WD MyCloud. Whether it's user features or performance. Except for it's built-in capacity of course.
But if I can get a better transfer speed, it is better. Assumes I'm using capable switch or router to do it's maximum transfer speed.
For Plex, even if I could give it a try, but I don't mind not having it. I once try it with my WD My Passport Wireless Pro and it's unbelievably running at a snail's pace.
It would be very helpful if you can advise me NAS products from each manufacturer. I try to avoid Synlogy, QNAP, Thecus, and TerraMaster. But if it's prove to be better, then please.

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Home Budget 2-Bay NAS? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Home Budget 2-Bay NAS? - by admin - 03-10-2021, 01:25 PM