Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS to buy?

I am looking for a system that does many things. I am a photographer that travels throughout the USA and the world. When I am not traveling, I do data processing for family business (5) along with their IT needs. I have asked Synology SEVERAL TIMES to help direct me in the right direction to something that would satisfy my needs and their reply was, talk to a company that sell our NAS. NOT MUCH HELP! So, this is what I am looking for in a NAS system. I can access it remotely and can upload photos while traveling. I currently carry portable hard drives with me; HOWEVER, after being robbed in Frankfurt, a months’ worth of photos went with the thieves. I would like the ability to return where I am staying and upload them to (maybe) a cloud drive that would sync to my NAS. I also use PLEX but this isn’t the highest thing on my list (a nice to have). I currently have 85TB on external hard drives. Most items on these drives are historical documents that are not access often. But I do need to get to them. You know that means going through each drive looking for the information I need. I would be the primary user on the NAS. I have 10 other computers throughout the USA that would need access to the NAS mainly for backup. I have 1GB Fiber internet, Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000 Router, 2 Netgear JGS524NA switches. I am 100% WINDOWS. What would you recommend for a NAS and what type of drives and RAID. WOW, I have watched VID after VID and I cannot really understand what the base way is to configure RAID. Thank you for your time and help.

Messages In This Thread
Which NAS to buy? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Which NAS to buy? - by admin - 01-15-2021, 02:47 PM