Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TS-230 crashes (Ko-fi2812)?

[Ko-fi2812]

Set up running: QNAP TS-230, newest firmware, 2TB Seagate IronWulf compatible, RAID 1.

All working fine, except: NAS started freezing (ping OK, lights flashing, but no response on Win, GUI, ssh, telnet). Needed hard re-boot twice.

Afterwards, it also kept randomly crashing itself, endless file system checks and RAID resyncs.

Happened during initial setup, while MultimediaStation had finished indexing (>40k photos) and during creation of thumbnails, and while the QuMagie stuff (facial rec, object rec etc.) was running.

To investigate, I stopped all apps and let it run for a night - all fine. Then restarted them one by one, starting with MultimedStation. Which led to instant crash.

So stopped all services and re-started first DLNA (fine), then PhotoStation (fine). So QuMagie was the culprit (causing the crashes).

Could re-start all other apps fine.

Might have contributed by putting the "fan mode" on silent-automatic (even though that shouldnt be how it works...). Put it back to normal.

SOOO my question: can I use QuMagie, not that thumbnails are done and all runs stable?

Or is it too much? Or should I uninstall PhotoStation?

Don't want to cause more crashes and lose endless time on re-syncs etc.

THANK YOU!

Best from Berlin

Messages In This Thread
TS-230 crashes (Ko-fi2812)? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
TS-230 crashes (Ko-fi2812)? - by admin - 01-25-2021, 05:49 PM