Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS to use with Sonos system?

Hi. I have a Sonos system already, but have never ripped all my CDs and want to so I can listen to my "CDs" via my Sonos. I have figured out I need a NAS, and that if I'm spending that much money, will want one that holds two drives and replicates in case one fails. I read the NAScompares "best-2-bay-nas-drive-of-the-year" article and didn't understand most of the pros/cons. I also realize that you have to buy the NAS plus the two drives. If I bought a QNAP TS-253D for $368 and two Western Digital Red 2 TB drives for $130, that's $500. WD also has a My Cloud Home system, for $150 for 2 TB and it says it works with Sonos though it's not technically a NAS and doesn't look like it has the RAID feature (but the option to buy a monthly subscription for backup?). I have the $500, but am wondering if there's really no way to get the RAID feature unless I buy a bona fide NAS. [I said 500 GB because that should cover my music; I figure if I'm going this route, I may as well go for 2 TB because the storage seems to be the cheap part of this.]

Messages In This Thread
NAS to use with Sonos system? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
NAS to use with Sonos system? - by admin - 03-17-2021, 11:35 AM