Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I bought a DS420+?

Hello !thank you very much to propose to write to you it's very kind ! sorry for my english I don't speak very often ! I have 7 hdd basic WD ! I calculated 11tb of data since 2000 ! I use them with a disk station and change them on my xbox as a multimedia platform with kodi ! that's work very well ! obviously each HDD are unic... no clone of back up !... I know ! well last year one of them fall on the floor and... died ! 20 years of music !!! maybe I could repair it ! well since this summer I'm thinking about a nas ! I thought buy a single slot at the beginning ! and put my disk station in his back ! and finally a big promo and I bought the DS420+ ! and put all inside in raid 5 to be quiet ! so for 11tb of data I thought buy 4 x 12tb or 4 x 10tb wd red (wd120efax, wd101efax) ! I thought like that because I know one of them represente the capacity of the back up ! and after format it's not the same thing anymore ! I thought buy normal hdd externe because cheaper and take off the HDD from the case because I use them only when I need ! I think I can if the nas is power on only when I want to use it ! the side nas always power on is fantastic in the idea but I'm so afraid of the noise ! I did'nt find a video with the test of a nas in a living room ! alone the hdd are very quiet and there is no fan ! I read WD red are less decibels than normal one ! I'm lost I don't know how to think, I'm afraid to do a mistake and to see too big ! my living room is with my kitchen in an open space 4 meters by 5 meters ! I try to find these HDD with a good price ! It's complicate !I find 12TB for 300 dollars on www.bhphotovideo.com ! but it's over ! there aren't really a question ! What do you think of this ?! do you have an idea I haven't ?! what do you do to buy hdd ?! in the nas can I only decide 1 hdd is running to read or all are in activity when the nas is power on ?! can we desactivate the fan when I use it occasionnaly ! thank you very much to you to read my message ! have a nice day ! Nico from paris ! Smile

Messages In This Thread
I bought a DS420+? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
I bought a DS420+? - by admin - 03-17-2021, 02:12 PM