Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What NAS Model to Purchase?

I am looking to purchase a suitable NAS to be able to watch my selection of 4K H.265 10-bit videos. It’s my understanding that very few NAS can play and/or transcode these files. These are the devices I will use on my network: 1.. Windows 10 64-bit laptop, wireless via HDMI to NAS and/or television if needed; 2.. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ tablet, wireless; 3. Samsung television via HDMI cable directly from the NAS.

I have no need for remote viewing of these files outside of my network. I have an Asus GT-AX11000 Wifi 6 router. Due to budget constraints I had considered a 4-bay NAS, but I would consider a 6-bay if required. If a Nvidia shield or video card is the only way to view these files I would consider purchasing them rather than a more expensive NAS. I have a lifetime PlexPass, and would also use any superior apps available from the NAS.

I have been watching your channel for some time and purchased a NAS based on your recommendations in the past. I would appreciate your recommendations as to which NAS models will allow me to play these files.

Many thanks

Neil

Messages In This Thread
What NAS Model to Purchase? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
What NAS Model to Purchase? - by admin - 03-17-2021, 02:22 PM