Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best storage to add to QNAP TVS-h874T-i9-64G for media server

First off, congrats on your QNAP TVS-h874T-i9-64G purchase! While there might be a slight difference in naming conventions, rest assured, you've got a powerhouse NAS on your hands.

For expanding your media storage, considering the Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC570 is a solid choice, especially given its compatibility with QNAP systems. It offers high capacity and reliability, essential for storing your growing library of 4K/UHD files. However, if you're open to exploring other options, Seagate IronWolf Pro or WD Red Pro drives could also be worth considering for their performance and NAS-specific features.

Regarding M.2 PCIe SSDs, they're primarily used for cache acceleration, which can enhance the overall performance of your Plex media server, especially during simultaneous streaming of multiple high-definition videos. While it's not a necessity, adding M.2 PCIe SSDs can significantly improve responsiveness and speed up data access, particularly for frequently accessed files and applications.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best storage to add to QNAP TVS-h874T-i9-64G for media server - by ed - 04-12-2024, 12:32 PM