Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

F4-424 - Pro vs. MAX for first time NAS buyer?

Hello there,

Would an F4-424 Pro or F4-424 MAX be the better purchase for a first-time NAS buyer?

I've been watching your content on YouTube for a while, and was initially piqued by the Asustor Nimbustor (the one with 4 SSD slots) as a robust hardware option with lots of expandability before the Terramaster F4-424 series was unveiled/released. I'm looking at a NAS as a primarily OFFLINE backup/storage solution for my sister and I. Multimedia streaming would be nice to implement, but that's not necessary.

I already have an Ironwolf 4 TB HDD previously purchased that can go towards the future NAS. I'd ideally like 2 more HDDs/8 more TB for the mass storage and a pair of bang-for-buck SSDs to house the OS and any cache for the NAS. I sourced my own parts for my tower from 2 years ago, so ~$2,000 would be what I'm comfortable spending (assuming the upcoming Black Friday sale sees the F4-424 Pro discount to $719 CAD again to compare with the $1,199 CAD of the MAX after its coupon).

Messages In This Thread
F4-424 - Pro vs. MAX for first time NAS buyer? - by ENQUIRIES - 10-13-2024, 12:35 AM