Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CWWK Q670 - 4*nvme - Looking for help with BIOS setting

Thank you for the suggestions. I've already thoroughly gone through the various BIOS sections/options multiple times, and I couldn't find anything related to PCIe Bifurcation or lane allocation. I put a i5-14500 in the socket, which does appear to support bifurcation according to Intel's processors datasheet (can't link to it). I would hope the mobo supports it since it's advertised on the CWWK product page Smile Perhaps the best would indeed be to patiently wait for community updates on this mobo to see if anyone has a solution for it. It doesn't look like CWWK will be answering my questions, so I should probably give up on getting any info from them.

I'm not too keen on modding the bios, seems like once it's bricked there's no way to recover.

Quote:you could consider using an external PCIe card that supports NVMe or SATA over the SFF-8643

This is what I'm actually trying to do, well, sort of. I have a PCIe riser card to which the SFF-8643 is connected to, and in the PCIe slot on it I have an extension board with 4NVME ports on it (2 on each side). The problem is that it only detects 1 drive at the moment, which I assume is because the onboard SFF-8643 is set to 4 PCI3.0 x 1 signals. Going with a direct 4xNVME extension board isn't an option as it's too large to fit in the 2u-case I'm building my server in.

The PCIe slot on the board I'm already using for a 10Gbe SFF NIC, so it's not really an option to plug one in there.

Still, thank you very much for trying to help out.

B.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CWWK Q670 - 4*nvme - Looking for help with BIOS setting - by biebel38 - 10-04-2024, 05:28 PM