Poll: What is the best option?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aoostar WTR pro N100
0%
0 0%
reServer i3 1125
0%
0 0%
Aoostar WTR pro Ryzen 7
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aoostar WTR pro vs reServer i31125

If you're considering running TrueNAS and want to handle 4K/60fps content, both the Aoostar WTR Pro and reServer i31125 are solid options, but there are a few differences that might help with your decision.

Aoostar WTR Pro: This is a relatively new option on the market, and while it's gaining attention for its affordability and performance, its long-term reliability is still somewhat untested. It should be able to handle 4K streaming, but cooling and power management might be factors to consider depending on how hard you're pushing the system.

reServer i31125: This model, with its Intel i3-1125G4 processor, is generally considered more reliable and powerful, especially for multimedia tasks like 4K streaming. The Intel UHD Graphics in the i3 should perform better in terms of transcoding compared to other models in its range. reServer has a more established reputation, and their systems are often built with better cooling and higher-quality components, which may be more suitable for 24/7 use.

If 4K streaming and stability are your priorities, I'd lean towards the reServer i31125. However, if you're looking for a more budget-friendly option and don't mind being an early adopter, the Aoostar WTR Pro could be worth considering, provided you keep an eye on thermal management.

Messages In This Thread
Aoostar WTR pro vs reServer i31125 - by bym0m0 - 09-14-2024, 07:49 PM
RE: Aoostar WTR pro vs reServer i31125 - by ed - 09-16-2024, 03:48 PM