Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ps5 ssd question

Thanks for reaching out and for subscribing to the channel! I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying the videos. Let’s dive into your question about the Avoluxion PSX-i1 and how it might work with your PS5 setup, especially considering the extreme temperatures you’ll be facing in Phoenix.

Avoluxion PSX-i1 for PS5:
Cooling Efficiency: The Avoluxion PSX-i1 is designed specifically for the PS5 and aims to provide better cooling than standard options. It’s known for having a more substantial heatsink compared to the default solutions, which could be beneficial in managing the higher temperatures of Phoenix.
Write Speeds: The PSX-i1 primarily focuses on cooling rather than directly enhancing write speeds. However, effective cooling can help maintain optimal performance by preventing thermal throttling, which indirectly supports sustained write speeds. With the WD 850x, which tends to run hot, this might be particularly useful.
Heatsink Alternative: If you’re concerned about the temperatures, the PSX-i1 is a good alternative, but it’s essential to ensure it fits within the PS5’s SSD bay without any modifications.
Acidalie Heatsink with 4 Tubes:
Fit and Functionality: The Acidalie heatsink with 4 tubes is another excellent cooling option. It’s one of the bulkier heatsinks, designed to dissipate heat more efficiently. However, it’s crucial to ensure it will fit inside the PS5’s SSD slot, especially with certain case plates.
Compatibility with Case Plates: You mentioned the Fusion Concepts plates, which are known for their sleek design. The Acidalie heatsink might be a tight fit with these plates, so you’ll need to double-check the clearance. Some users have found that larger heatsinks can push against the case plates, potentially causing issues.
Temperature Concerns in Phoenix:
Impact on SSD Performance: Given the extreme temperatures in Phoenix, cooling becomes even more critical. The WD 850x, while an excellent SSD, does run hotter than some other models, especially under heavy load. The right heatsink can make a significant difference in maintaining performance and preventing any potential overheating issues.
Heatsink Recommendations: Both the Avoluxion PSX-i1 and Acidalie heatsinks are good options, but considering the heat in Phoenix, I’d lean towards the Acidalie 4-tube if it fits your PS5. It offers more aggressive cooling, which might be necessary in such a hot environment.

Messages In This Thread
Ps5 ssd question - by ENQUIRIES - 08-06-2024, 06:00 PM
RE: Ps5 ssd question - by ed - 08-09-2024, 10:36 AM