Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stream to multiple clients

If you're planning to host a Plex server for 20+ people, I recommend considering the QNAP 88X series or the TS-h874 from the 74 series. These models allow for GPU card upgrades, significantly increasing the number of concurrent transcodes your server can handle. Here are two recommended options:

QNAP TVS-88X Series
QNAP TVS-h1288X

Processor: Intel Xeon W-1250 6-core processor for high performance.
RAM: Comes with 16GB DDR4, expandable up to 128GB, ensuring smooth operation even with heavy usage.
Network: Equipped with dual 10GbE ports and four 2.5GbE ports for high-speed data transfer.
Storage: Offers 8 x 3.5" HDD bays, 4 x 2.5" SSD bays, and 2 x M.2 NVMe slots for SSD caching, providing ample storage and fast access.
GPU Upgrade: Supports GPU card upgrades, allowing for enhanced transcoding capabilities, making it ideal for handling multiple 4K streams.
QNAP TS-h874
QNAP TS-h874

Processor: Intel Core i7-12700 or i5-12400 12-core processor for robust performance in demanding environments.
RAM: Includes 16GB DDR4 ECC memory, which can be expanded up to 128GB for future-proofing and handling large workloads.
Network: Dual 2.5GbE ports and 10GbE expansion options ensure robust network performance and efficient data handling.
Storage: Features 8 x 3.5" HDD bays for large storage capacity, along with 2 x M.2 NVMe slots for SSD caching.
GPU Upgrade: Compatible with GPU card upgrades, significantly boosting the number of concurrent transcodes, perfect for high-demand streaming environments.

Messages In This Thread
Stream to multiple clients - by ENQUIRIES - 07-26-2024, 03:35 PM
RE: Stream to multiple clients - by ed - 07-30-2024, 02:53 PM