Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Request for information (NAS Storage compatability with Security Cam # T8441X)

I understand you are looking to connect your Eufy Outdoor Cam T8441X to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) system and are seeking advice on compatibility, particularly with the WD My Cloud Home Network Storage Drive.

After thorough research and review, I regret to inform you that the WD My Cloud Home (WDBVXC0040HWT) is not compatible with the Eufy Outdoor Cam T8441X for the purpose of video storage. This is primarily due to the lack of RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) support, which is essential for streaming and storing video directly from the camera to the NAS.

To achieve the desired setup with your Eufy Outdoor Cam, I recommend considering NAS options from Synology. Synology NAS devices are well-suited for this purpose and are verified to work seamlessly with Eufy cameras. Any NAS from Synology’s range that supports RTSP will be compatible and provide reliable storage for your camera’s footage.

Recommended NAS Device:
Synology DS224+

Features: Dual-core processor, 2GB DDR4 RAM (expandable), 2 drive bays.
Popularity: This model is among the most popular choices for home surveillance due to its excellent performance, ease of use, and robust feature set.
Compatibility: Supports RTSP and integrates smoothly with Eufy cameras.
However, if you prefer another model within the Synology lineup, most of their devices will fulfill your requirements and provide a good user experience with the Eufy Outdoor Cam.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for information (NAS Storage compatability with Security Cam # T8441X) - by ed - 07-04-2024, 12:21 PM