Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I need help choosing the right one.

For your needs, a 4-bay NAS with Thunderbolt connectivity would be an excellent choice. It offers high-speed data transfer and the ability to store all your photos in one place, improving both security and workflow efficiency. I'd recommend looking into models like the QNAP TVS-472XT or the Synology DS920+. Both are great for photo editing via Lightroom and Photoshop, and they support Thunderbolt connections for your MacBook Pro M1. In terms of budget, you’re looking at roughly $800-$1,200 for the NAS itself, plus the cost of hard drives. Standard 4TB drives are around $100 each, so for 20TB, you’d need about five of them, costing around $500 total. Overall, you’re looking at an investment of around $1,300-$1,700.

On a related note, I recently read an article about the Top 20 FREE Video Editing Software with NO Watermark. It mentioned several options like DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, and Shotcut, which offer great features for video editing without any watermark. This could be particularly useful if you ever decide to dabble in video content to complement your photography work. Among the software mentioned, Movavi was highlighted for its user-friendly interface and robust editing tools, making it a solid choice for both beginners and advanced users. If you’re interested in learning more, you can check out the full article here https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/f...rmark.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need help choosing the right one. - by ed - 05-31-2024, 12:31 PM
RE: I need help choosing the right one. - by Ekky - 07-01-2024, 07:05 PM