Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Large capacity NAS advice build/buy?

Thanks for the reply, honestly I haven't really checked out or been exposed to qnap.  I suppose I should do some research on the channel about them, maybe they fill in some of the gaps of the synology.  I know at least you can easily(?) swap the os on them.   I didn't see a specific i5 75 series on amazon, but I did find this 12+4bay model and while it has n Atom processor, not an i-5, it is an 8 core? 
QNAP TS-1655-8G-US 16 Bay high Performance and high-Capacity Hybrid NAS with Intel® Atom® 8-core Processor
Also, I don't know a lot about asustore either, regarding software interface and capability, but they do have an attractively priced 10 bay...  
Asustor Lockerstor 10 AS6510T - 10 Bay NAS
A
main thing I've seen on them is their all flash nas servers, I'll check into this model too, see what I can learn.
Thanks for taking the time and validating my findings, least you've opened up a few new avenues of research for me. 
Even looking (after posting this) at all the nas case videos on amazon and ali that the channel did, more or less confirmed not a lot going on for 12+ bay desktop cases without going tower or rack.  
the qnap at least has 4 2.5 bays I can slot some drives in and comes with 2.5 gb for a little less than the synology, that might be a good fit depending on their software and any limitations I discover and that asusstore comes in at either $500 less, or $500 more depending on config, but 10gbe included either way, and 10 bay is probably enough....that still gives me another 88tb or about double my current capacity limit.  I just know nothing about their software implementation or ability, like if either asus or qnap have something similar to SHR / x-raid.  hope there are videos out there on these guys, or similar models anyway. 

Looks like there are, and I have a few queued up. Thanks. This channel is so helpful. I didn't realize that asustor was so old. probably why its such a good price.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Large capacity NAS advice build/buy? - by ed - 02-16-2024, 09:58 AM
RE: Large capacity NAS advice build/buy? - by antimonkat - 02-16-2024, 08:10 PM