Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi,

After having a bad experience with Degoo lifetime subscription, I want to create a private cloud storage like dropbox and to ultimately backup my and archive my data in a safe place. I believe I want a SAN? I binged on Youtube videos bring me to NAS and gearing me to Synology products because it has good software. But, the Ds723 or Ds923 doesn't have intergrated graphic so it would not be so good for home use? Is Synology or another NAS product what I need or go with WD my cloud? I mainly want to store photos and videos, legal documents, and private client documents and keep them private and safe. Backup is a must. Information overload, please help.
It sounds like a Synology NAS may be a good option for your needs. However, it is true that the new DS723 and DS923 models do not have an integrated graphics chip, which means they may not be the best fit for running applications that require hardware transcoding, such as Plex Media Server. That being said, if you're mainly using your NAS for storing photos, videos, and documents, you may not need transcoding capabilities.

If you do want the option of transcoding or plan to run more demanding applications, you might want to consider the DS220+ or DS420+ models, which do have an integrated graphics chip. Additionally, these models are more powerful than the DS723 and DS923, which means they can handle more demanding tasks.

Ultimately, the decision between a Synology NAS and a WD My Cloud will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Synology offers more advanced features and customization options, while WD My Cloud is generally easier to set up and use out of the box. Regardless of which option you choose, make sure to follow best practices for backing up your data and securing your private information.