Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas

Hi, always enjoy your videos, am considering the synology 920+ or the 923+ but am also interested in the qnap 464, I need it mainly for photography library and back ups , was a bit disappointed the synology doesn’t do better image searching, which would you rate for photography/ video backing up of photo libray on iPhone etc, .
Regarding the nas drives I listened to your point regarding noise of drives, is 10 tb (say we red Plus) the sweet spot regarding noise and does it make a difference 5200 / 7200 rpm?
Last question - I have 2 unused 4 tb we reds ( not plus) should I keep them and mix them in with the two high capacity drives - will this work, or sell them and get some red plus or iron wolf is better

Thanks for the help Smile
The Synology DS920+ is a great choice for remote multimedia access because it has powerful hardware that can handle large amounts of data and support for multiple users. The WD Red drives are known for being quiet, which is important for a home media setup.
You can mix different size and type of drives in the DS920+, but it's generally recommended to use identical drives for RAID configurations to ensure optimal performance. Alternatively, you can create separate RAIDs and volumes with different drives, which allows you to optimize storage space and performance. With this approach, you could use the smaller capacity, quieter drives for less demanding tasks and the larger capacity drives for more demanding tasks.