Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

backup

hello, my first time buying NAS, not sure what kind or how many GB?TB i need. the BAS will be a back up for my 4 computers, 1 computer is the server and 3 computers are my cash register computer running windowns 10 with s POS system.

the main purpose of the nas is to back up my main server and also the cash register.
it happened that 1 time the windowns wont login on 1 of my computer and i end up having to order a new ssd and install everything from the start and it took over a week to get that 1 cash register running again. i want to avoid this from happening and hope that nas backup can help me with this. please help me on what product i need to get and how many TB. thank you
For your backup needs encompassing a main server and three cash register computers running Windows 10 with a POS system, choosing the right NAS solution is critical for ensuring data protection and minimizing downtime. Considering your requirement to avoid lengthy recovery processes like reinstalling everything from scratch, I recommend looking into the Synology DS423+. This NAS features a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor and supports up to 12 bays with expansion units, offering scalability as your data storage needs grow. With 2GB of DDR4 RAM (expandable to 6GB), it provides ample processing power for efficient backups and reliable performance. Utilizing RAID configurations such as RAID 5 or RAID 6 will enhance data redundancy, safeguarding against hardware failures like the SSD incident you encountered. Starting with a storage capacity of 4TB (using 2TB HDDs) or higher based on your budget and backup frequency will ensure sufficient space for your backup needs. This setup not only secures your critical data but also provides room for future expansion as your business grows.
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/