Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 bay + NAS recommendation

Hi
I already have a home server which I use to host jellyfin and etc on kubernetes. Im planning to store all my media inside my nas, but Im currently not sure which brand and model I should go for. Im thinking on getting either the ds423/423+/923+/1522+ or other brands such as terramaster and install truenas on it. Could you please give me a recommendation which one I should get instead? Thank tou
Given your requirements and budget, there are several solid NAS options to consider for storing all your media and integrating with your existing home server running Jellyfin on Kubernetes. Here's a breakdown of a few recommended models:

Synology DS423+: This model offers a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor with 2GB DDR4 non-ECC RAM, which is great for media storage and handling multiple tasks simultaneously. It’s a good balance of performance and price for your needs.

Synology DS923+: Equipped with an AMD Ryzen R1600 processor and 4GB DDR4 ECC RAM, this model provides excellent performance, especially if you need more robust processing power for future-proofing. It’s slightly more expensive but offers better performance and expandability.

Synology DS1522+: This 5-bay NAS with an AMD Ryzen R1600 and 8GB DDR4 ECC RAM is ideal if you need extra storage capacity and performance. It’s more future-proof and versatile, making it a great long-term investment.

Terramaster F4-423: If you're considering installing TrueNAS, the Terramaster F4-423 is a good option. It’s cost-effective and provides the flexibility to install third-party operating systems like TrueNAS. However, compatibility and ease of use might not be as seamless as with Synology models.

For your budget of 800 CAD, the Synology DS423+ or Terramaster F4-423 would be the most budget-friendly options while still offering good performance. If you can stretch your budget a bit, the Synology DS923+ offers excellent performance and future-proofing.