Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting Up Plex on UGREEN NAS with MAC

Hi!

I've been using your tutorial video for setting up Plex on UGREEN NAS, which is incredibly helpful—thank you! Could you please help me figure out how to navigate the PUID/PGID section on a Mac? I know I'll need to use Terminal, but I'm hitting a few walls. Thank you!
Glad to hear the tutorial video has been helpful! Setting up Plex on a UGREEN NAS using a Mac involves a few steps, especially when configuring PUID (User ID) and PGID (Group ID). Since you're using Terminal, you'll need to find the PUID and PGID of the user/group that should have access to the Plex configuration and data.

To do this:

Open Terminal: Launch Terminal on your Mac. You can find it in Applications -> Utilities or by searching for it using Spotlight (Command + Space, then type "Terminal").

Find User ID (PUID) and Group ID (PGID):

Type the following command into Terminal and press Enter:

bash
Copy code
id -u username
Replace "username" with your actual Mac username. This command will display the PUID.

Next, find the Group ID (PGID) using:

bash
Copy code
id -g username
Again, replace "username" with your Mac username. This command will display the PGID.

Configure PUID and PGID in UGREEN NAS: Now that you have both IDs, use them to configure PUID and PGID in your UGREEN NAS settings for Plex. This ensures that Plex has the correct permissions to access and manage files.