Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for a good NAS for backing up art and remote accessing references

I've been researching for a while and right now I am trying to find a good NAS for me. I would have ordered the UGREEN on kickstarter in a heartbeat but at the time I did not have enough more to acquire it. I'm looking more into it and with so many options and not a lot of time, my head is spinning more and more. I just want something that's not too difficult to use and to store my artworks over the decade+ I've been doing it, along side easily remote accessing references from photos to videos.
It seems like you're interested in the Synology DS423+. Here's a quick overview and recommendation tailored to your needs:

Synology DS423+ Overview
Key Features:

Performance: Powered by a quad-core Intel processor with 2.0 GHz base frequency (up to 2.7 GHz burst), ensuring smooth operation for tasks like file access, backup, and multimedia streaming.

Storage Capacity: Supports up to 64 TB raw capacity with four drive bays, expandable using Synology's expansion units for additional storage needs.

Software Ecosystem: Runs on Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, renowned for its intuitive interface, robust features for file management, backup, and multimedia applications.

Connectivity: Equipped with dual 1GbE LAN ports, allowing for seamless network connectivity and potential upgrades to 2.5GbE or 10GbE via an optional adapter.

Recommendation:
The Synology DS423+ is an excellent choice for your requirements:

Backup for Artwork: Provides reliable storage for backing up your decade+ of artwork securely.

Remote Access: Utilize Synology's mobile apps (DS file, DS photo, DS video) for convenient remote access to your files, photos, and videos from anywhere.

Expandability: With support for Synology's expansion units, you can scale your storage capacity as your needs grow without replacing the entire NAS.

Conclusion:
The DS423+ strikes a balance between performance, storage capacity, and ease of use, making it ideal for small businesses and freelancers looking to manage and safeguard their digital assets effectively. If you have any specific questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. I'm here to help you make the best decision for your NAS setup.